Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DIY Delirium

I love DIY (Do It Yourself) projects.  I love them like a teenage girl loves Justin Beiber.  My house is full of them.  DIY projects, not teenage girls.  Many are complete, some are in the works, and most are a figment of my imagination.

I'm ambitious.  I think I can fix, recreate, beautify just about anything.  Especially with a can of spray-paint.  I rock spray-paint.  And every time I buy it, I get carded.  It's hilarious.

The problem is, I'm not motivated to get started on anything.

But I was thinking if I posted about what I want to do, it might make me do it!

Blogaccountability if you will.

Let's see how that goes.

The biggest project is my kitchen cabinets.  I want to paint them white and put new hardware on them.  They are the builders fugly cabinets.  They give me the willies.



I also need to recreate this bench and put something on the wall above it.  I think I'll keep the seat the same, maybe just stain it.  And then paint the rest.  I'm not sure. This is at my entryway.  It's an unwelcoming, plain and sad way to come home.



I read a lot of books.  Like a ridiculous amount of books.  I have overflowing bookshelves.  Several stacks of books overwhelm my bedroom (this is not a good representation of the books, but you get the idea).  I want to build a bookcase thing-a-ma-jig.  It must have silver leafing on it somewhere.  I've never built anything like this before.  Should be interesting.


Our backyard is embarrassing.  It's the red pimple on the face of our house. We have a huge deck that Nate refinished last summer, and that's the only nice thing back there.  I took this barrel planter from my parents when they weren't looking.  It needs some TLC, and flowers galore.


Goodwill!  How I love thee.  Two little chairs await my creativity.  Oh, and they didn't come with a table.  So I guess I need to make one of those too.  Dang it.


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment