Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Sunday

I love Easter.  It's the most meaningful holiday for a Christian.  We celebrate Jesus' resurrection.  It is the fundamental basis for our faith.  My small group has been doing a four week study looking into the facts of Easter.  Upon completing this study, I stand more firm and sure of the truth behind the resurrection of Christ.  It's so encouraging to learn about the brilliant people who have set out to prove my faith wrong, and in turn walk away believing it themselves.  The evidence is overwhelming.  So many people don't believe because it doesn't make sense to them, but they only know information on an elementary level.  Look into it.  You'll find answers.  Answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

I'm going to do my best to raise children who know what Easter is really about.  I want them to know why we celebrate this holiday.  I can only pray they will listen.  Now, that doesn't mean I won't participate in dyeing eggs, or hiding baskets around the house, or faking a few rabbit tracks across the living room floor.  I just won't put the emphasis on those activities.  I hope I can do that.

That being said, one of the best things about having a little girl at Easter is The Dress!  One of the worst things about having a baby, is spit up.  She soaked her beautiful new dress before we left the house.  Bummer!



She got her first Easter basket - loaded with things she already owned.  Don't tell her.  The only new things she got was a princess wand (which she can't play with for like 2 years) and a necklace (which she can't wear until she's 10).  I'm still learning.


We headed over to grandma and grandpa's house to meet up with the rest of the family.  We tried to take a few pictures with her cousins Ethan and Allison.  It didn't work out as we had hoped.


Ally's just about had it!
We put the little one down for a nap and had an Easter egg hunt for the "big kids" out back.




Of course there were bubbles.



And the soccer ball always makes it's way out.  I love my dad's face in this one!



And these sweet faces melt my heart.




Ethan is waiting patiently for my mom to open this egg.

It was a blessed Easter.  I hope yours was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment