Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Farewell USA - Hello Oz!

Our dear, lucky, parents of twins, kindhearted friends are moving to Australia!  This is definitely how they roll.  I've moved before too you know.  I've lived in several cities within 60 miles of each other.  Therefore, I completely know what it's like to move to another country.  I could write a book.  Anyway, we had a going away party for them a few weeks back.  It was a night of laughter and tears.  They will be missed!


It's a challenge to get everyone looking at the same camera at the same time. 


The whole group. 


Best of luck down under Mike and Alli.  We miss you and your family already!

Some very important Australian slang:
Ace! : Excellent! Very good! 
Cat's piss, as mean as : mean, stingy, uncharitable  
Footy : Australian Rules football 
Never Never : the Outback, centre of Australia  
Too right! : definitely! 

and my personal favorite:
Wobbly : excitable behavior ("I complained about the food and the waiter threw a wobbly")

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Australian funny?
    My sister lives there right now. I also looked up words.
    Also guys are blokes
    and girls are shilas - crazy english!

    By the way I have some giveaways you might like :
    http://www.lifeologia.com/category/giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this post and it made my whole day! A post about us! I like the wobbly definition I have never heard it used but now I know, I will use it "straight away" (immediately ASAP which here could be in the next hour or two weeks, not sure how to decipher those cultural clues yet) I hear some hysterical stuff, I should say overhear, as I talk to very few human Australians! We think and pray about you guys everyday and miss you like crazy!

    PS how do you get your blog so pretty? Will you tell me mine is Ghetto and ugly! Why are you not one of my followers when I am one of yours does this mean I like you more? Well??? Does it LISA???

    ReplyDelete