Monday, November 28, 2011

Worth the Weight

Having a scale in your house is a bad idea, you know that right?  I don't have one, but my parents do.  On Thanksgiving day I found myself looking at it, wondering my number.  I knew I shouldn't check, but the scale was staring at me daring me to step on.  So I did.  I love dares!  It was higher than I expected.  Not by much - but I was seriously disappointed.  I let it go and tried to not think about it while I stuffed the crap out of my face at dinner.

After I ate I found myself in that same bathroom (imagine that) again wondering my number.  It couldn't have been right earlier that day.  I got on again, why I don't know.  I was almost two pounds heavier!  What the frick frack is that?!  Did I seriously eat two POUNDS of food at dinner?  I got off, cleared the number and got on again.  It was the same.  Shocking I know.

This body is the new me and I need to accept it.  It doesn't work like it did before I had Andrey.  My old clothes still fit, yes, but not the same.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining nor do I think I'm "fat".  I'm not and I know that.  I just need to be more and more aware of what I'm eating (and I need to work on my posture, but that's a different story).  I'm storing my cookies differently now.

Alas, Thanksgiving was a reminder to me that I'm different now because of my daughter.  She's actually changed my physical appearance!  And my heart too.  All the changes are worth the reward.  I am so thankful for her!

It was her first Thanksgiving and it was awesome.


The night before I was feeling Kindergarten crafty (and asylum crazy) and made us all some hats.


"Act like a turkey in this one."


Thanksgiving was busy!  She was able to spend it with both sets of grandparents, and her great-grandparents (paternal's paternal).   My girl was a champ all day, skipped her afternoon nap and stole the show.

T-Day, before heading to my parent's house.
Mommy Pummel, Grandma Pummel and Great-Grandma Pummel

Daddy Pummel, Grandpa Pummel and Great-Grandpa Pummel
At the end of the day I was thinking about my scale experience, and feeling a little sorry for myself.   I wondered if I'd ever had the body I had before Andrey.  And the answer is maybe.  Let's be honest, I might get that back...but if I don't, it's okay.  I'll take the extra weight, distributed oddly, and deal with it.  That little girl is worth the weird belly button (seriously, what happened to my belly button?) and the squishy parts.  I am so thankful for her and the changes she's caused in my belly, and my heart.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment