Friday, June 24, 2011

You Call This Solid?

We waited the recommended six months to try out "solid" food with Andrey.  I hesitate to call it solid, because it's pretty mushy.  It's the consistency of runny baby poo.  Too descriptive?  I thought so too.

Getting ready for her first taste.

We started with rice cereal.  I tasted it.  I didn't like it.  Andrey spit it out like a champ, but she was brave and just kept opening her mouth.  I know most babies put everything in their mouths (my mom loves to tell me about the time I put a daddy long leg in mine), but my girl puts everything in her mouth.   So I think she would keep opening up no matter what we offered.  I'll probably be proven wrong soon...



After two days of that crap nutritious first food - I decided to make my own.  I peeled, chopped, steamed and pureed two yams.  I intended on getting sweet potatoes, and all they had were yams.  Same thing?  Well, kind of.  Google it if you want to know.  What do you think this is, a cooking blog?



This went much better!  After each serving I've given her this week I've discovered hidden leftovers in her neck creases, hair and fingernails.

Next up: avocados, bananas and apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment